About Me


 All about me

My name is Louise. I'm a 28 year old Brit and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was a year old in 1995. 

I have as a result always travelled with diabetes and have picked up some useful tips and tricks along the way. Especially as technology has changed in recent years! 

I personally use a Medtronic 640g insulin pump and a Freestyle Libra 2, as I struggle with hypo awareness. 

The nickname Lemon comes from the combination of my first and middle name Louise Emily, Lemily which is as close to lemon as I'm going to get! Lemon meringue pie is also one of my absolute favourite desserts and you can never go wrong with a lemon dessert, IMO. Plus the colour yellow makes me happy. 


✨ Disney ✨

I've been fortunate to be raised by Disney loving parents, who took me on my first Disney trip a couple of  months before my 3rd birthday to Disneyland Paris. A few months later, I experienced Walt Disney World for the first time. And this is how it all began! 

I've been lucky enough to go to Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney World 5 times respectively, as well as go on a Disney Magic at Sea UK cruise in 2021. 

My next Disney trip is the long awaited return to WDW this November to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom. I was lucky enough to see the legendary castle cake that was in place for the 25th anniversary and it only seems fitting that I return for the 50th! 

My last WDW trip was back in March 2003, so it has been an awfully long time and A LOT has changed in those almost 20 years. I will be sure to report back after my trip with updated advice. 


Favourite character from the Fab 5: 

  • Pluto

Top 3 Disney Princesses: 

  • Aurora
  • Cinderella
  • Tiana

Favourite Disney Prince: 

  • Prince Philip

Favourite Rides: 

  • Big Thunder Railroad
  • It's A Small World

Favourite Park: 

  • Epcot

Least favourite ride: 

  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Hotel 😱


I've created this blog as a place to share tips and some Disney knowledge, rather than keeping it all cooped up in my brain! I know it can be daunting travelling with health conditions and booking a Disney holiday isn't necessarily an easy task, nor cheap! 


I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Louise

Comments